Armored Core 6, the latest installment in the long-running mecha action series from FromSoftware, is set to launch on August 25, 2023, for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The game promises to deliver exhilarating mech-on-mech combat with a deep customization system and a variety of missions. However, one of the most important features that players need to master is the Quick Turn, which allows them to swiftly change their direction and gain an advantage over their enemies.
What is Quick Turn and why is it useful?
Quick Turn is a feature that lets players rotate their mechs by 180 degrees in an instant. This can be done by pressing the L3 and R3 buttons simultaneously on consoles, or the Q and E keys on PC. Quick Turn is useful for several reasons:
- It helps players escape from sticky situations, such as being surrounded by enemies or being targeted by missiles.
- It allows players to surprise their opponents by quickly turning around and unleashing a barrage of fire.
- It enables players to maneuver more efficiently in tight spaces, such as buildings or tunnels.
- It gives players more flexibility and control over their mechs, especially when combined with other features like Boost and Slide.
How to use Quick Turn effectively?
Quick Turn is not just a simple button press; it requires timing, strategy, and awareness. Here are some tips on how to use Quick Turn effectively:
- Use Quick Turn when you are at a safe distance from your enemies. If you are too close, you may expose your back and become vulnerable to attacks.
- Use Quick Turn when you have a clear view of your surroundings. If you are in a cluttered environment, you may end up facing a wall or an obstacle.
- Use Quick Turn when you have enough energy. Quick Turn consumes a portion of your energy gauge, which is also used for Boost and Slide. If you run out of energy, you will be unable to perform any of these actions until it recharges.
- Use Quick Turn in conjunction with other features. For example, you can use Boost to close the gap between you and your enemy, then use Quick Turn to catch them off guard. Or you can use Slide to dodge incoming fire, then use Quick Turn to counterattack.
- Use Quick Turn sparingly. Don’t rely on Quick Turn too much, as it can become predictable and easy to counter. Mix up your moves and tactics to keep your enemies guessing.
How to practice Quick Turn?
Quick Turn is a skill that can be improved with practice. Here are some ways to practice Quick Turn:
- Play the tutorial mode. The game offers a tutorial mode that teaches players the basics of mech combat, including Quick Turn. This is a good way to familiarize yourself with the feature and its mechanics.
- Play the training mode. The game also offers a training mode that lets players customize their mechs and test them in various scenarios. This is a good way to experiment with different weapons and parts and see how they affect your performance.
- Play the single-player mode. The game features a single-player mode that follows a story campaign with various missions. This is a good way to hone your skills against different types of enemies and challenges.
- Play the multiplayer mode. The game supports online multiplayer mode that pits players against each other in competitive matches. This is a good way to measure your skills against other human players and learn from their strategies.
Quick Turn is one of the most essential features in Armored Core 6 that can make or break your success in mech battles. By mastering this feature, you can gain an edge over your enemies and enjoy the thrill of mech combat.