The Karnataka government has announced a new scheme to provide monthly stipends to unemployed graduates and diploma holders who passed in the academic year 2022-23. The scheme, named “Yuva Nidhi”, is the fifth ‘guarantee’ of the Congress party in the state. Here are some key features and benefits of the scheme.
- The scheme is meant for the graduates and diploma holders who passed in the academic year 2022-23 and remained jobless even after 180 days of completion of their education.
- The stipend will be given only for two years and it will end soon after the beneficiary gets a job.
- Those who have enrolled for higher education and continuing studies are not eligible under the scheme.
Amount and duration of stipend
- The Karnataka government has earmarked ₹ 250 crore for the scheme in the current financial year. It expects that next year, it will cost ₹ 1,200 crore to the state exchequer and from 2026 onwards ₹ 1,500 crore annually.
- The monthly stipend will be Rs 3,000 for graduates and Rs 1,500 for diploma holders.
- The stipend will be given for a period of two years from the date of registration.
Skill development training
- The state government has decided to impart skill development training to the beneficiaries under the scheme.
- The duration of this training will be decided by the skill development department based on the demand and availability of courses.
- The training will help the beneficiaries to acquire relevant skills and enhance their employability prospects.
How to apply
- Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of Yuva Nidhi at https://yuvanidhi.karnataka.gov.in/^.
- Candidates have to register themselves with their personal details, educational qualifications, bank account details, Aadhaar number, etc.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copies of their certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, address proof, etc.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/- through online mode or offline mode at designated banks or post offices.
- Candidates have to submit their application form along with a passport size photograph within one month from January 12, 2024.
Benefits for unemployed youth
The Yuva Nidhi scheme is expected to benefit around one lakh unemployed youth in Karnataka who are facing difficulties in finding jobs due to various reasons such as lack of skills, experience, network, etc. The scheme will provide them with a financial assistance as well as an opportunity to learn new skills that can help them secure better jobs in future. The scheme will also boost their confidence and self-esteem as well as reduce their stress levels.